Congratulations on your decision to take your education to the next level by registering for the GED® Official Tests! Obtaining your diploma will add value to your life in a number of ways.
- Personally, it adds to your sense of self esteem and accomplishment.
- Educationally, it opens the door for you to further your education.
- Professionally, you can expect more career choices in the job market.
- Financially, it’s a statistical fact that the more education one has, the more earning power one will have.
The GED® Tests measure high school level skills and knowledge. Every year people from all over the United States take and pass these tests.
This program helps to prepare students for academic and personal success through obtaining the skills necessary to pass the Official GED® Tests by providing instruction in writing, reading, social studies, science, and mathematics. Successful completion of the examination enables students to earn a State of Florida High School Diploma. GED® Curriculum is directed toward student mastery of the above areas. The program strives to motivate students to not only obtain a diploma, but also to utilize the acquired skills in the workforce and/or to achieve career and technical training.
If you have already started the GED® test, you're almost there. Starting in 2014, there will be a new GED® test. Your incomplete scores on the current version of the GED® test will expire at the end of 2013. If you finish now, you won't have to repeat the sections you have already passed. Paper based scores cannot be combined with computer based scores.
Take Your GED® Test on a Computer!
Attention GED® test-takers: Adults who take the GED® test on computer are scoring higher and finishing faster. In fact, 88% of people passed the GED® test on computer compared to 71% for those who tested on paper.
The GED® test on computer is a convenient new way to test. Register today and find out where you can take the GED® test on computer in Florida. Remember: The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center.
Know your test score before you leave the center! Atlantic Technical Center now offers the
GED® test on computer, a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Instant score results
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Finish one section, move on to the next at your own pace
- Access online tutorials at www.GEDtestingservice.com/tutorials
We’re so confident you’ll do well that if you don’t pass your first GED® test subject on computer, GED Testing Service will pay for your second shot! It’s that simple. You pass or they pay.
Visit GEDtestingservice.com/secondshot to learn more.
A testing fee of $26 per subject for computer based testing is required. Credit card payments are made online at the time of registration.
With the GED® test on computer, success is Just Clicks Away™. Register today at www.GEDcomputer.com.
Required Underage Documents for Broward County computer testers:
- Provide proof of Official High School Withdrawal.
- Provide proof of passing scores on the Official GED® Practice Test. You must be enrolled in a GED® preparation class in any Adult, Community or Technical School in Broward County and take the Official GED® Practice Test.
- Complete the Underage GED® Testing application which must be notarized and signed by a legal guardian. This form will be provided from your instructor.
- Complete the Testing Eligibility Exception form which you will receive by email once you begin the registration process for the Computer Based GED® test.
Submit all 4 documents to your GED® instructor to begin the approval process.
Adult (18 and older) Registration Requirements
Registration for the GED® Official Tests is open to anyone 18 and older. At Atlantic Technical Center, we strongly recommend that any adult interested in registering for the GED® Official Tests take the TABE, or Test of Adult Basic Education, prior to registering for the GED®. The TABE is a placement test that provides candidates with information about their skill level in reading, math, and language and lets them know if GED® preparation classes should be considered first. Applicants taking the TABE must pre-register at least 24 hours ahead for testing in Building 10. Click here for the Testing Schedule. There is a $10.00 fee for initial testing.
In order to register to take the GED® Official Tests a fee of $70.00 is required. Payment methods include cash, money order, debit or credit card. Checks are not accepted. In addition to the test fee, candidates for the GED® Tests must bring the following documents at the time of registration:
- A valid government photo ID card, passport, or driver license.
- Proof of social security number preferable but optional.
Underage (16 and 17 years old) Student Registration Requirements
In Broward County, underage minors wishing to register to take the GED® Official Tests are required to take the TABE or Basic Skills Tests AND enroll in GED® Test Preparation Classes. Taking the TABE and enrolling in GED® classes prior to registering for the GED® Official Tests is a requirement mandated by the State of Florida and cannot be waived by test registration personnel at Atlantic Technical Center. In addition to taking the TABE and enrolling in GED® classes at Atlantic Technical Center, the following is required for underage test candidates at the time of registration for the GED® Official Tests:
- The $70.00 testing fee. (cash, debit, credit or money order) No CHECKS accepted
- A valid government photo ID card, passport, or driver license
- Proof of social security number preferable but optional
- Withdrawal from high school
- Permission from parent/s or legal guardian
- GED® Instructor’s recommendation – which must include documentation of achieving scores of 500 or above on each subtest of the GED® practice test taken at Atlantic Technical Center
- Classes are offered Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
What You Should Know About the GED® Official Tests
The Florida Department of Education Official GED® Web page provides information about GED® testing including frequently asked questions and answers, and information about the contents of the GED® Official Tests as well as other helpful information and web links. Please log on to http://www.flute.org/workforce/ged/ and click on the links of interest to you.
Getting Your GED® Results
The average wait time for receiving test results back when you have taken the GED® Official Tests or a re-test is approximately 10 weeks. Once your results arrive, our normal procedure is to call you. If more than 10 weeks pass and you do not hear from us, you should call to find out if your results have come in. Our contact number is (754) 321-5257. You may also send an email to: Mary.Kahn@browardschools.com. You must have the following information available at the time of your call and/or email:
Request for Mailing Results/Third Party Pick-up
If you move out of this local area and wish to have your results *mailed to you or you wish to designate someone else to pick up your GED® results, Atlantic Technical Center will release your results to a third party and/or mail them to you upon written request from you. You will need to complete the consent for release of information form designed specifically for this purpose. Anyone picking up results for you will be required to show proper photo I.D. before the results will be released. Please click here to download the ATC Consent to Release GED® Test Results and Information form. *Transcripts and diplomas are sent via regular U.S. Mail. We are not responsible for loss or damage.
Duplicate GED® Diplomas and Results
Requests for duplicates of official diplomas and/or transcripts cannot be made through Atlantic Technical Center. Once results have been picked up, requests for duplicate diplomas and/or transcripts must be made with the GED® Testing Office at the Florida Department of Education in Tallahassee. Please click here to download the Request for Official Florida GED® Diploma/Transcript form.
This fee schedule applies to any candidate taking a retest in one or more areas:
|*Language Arts/ Reading
The retest fee for all five subjects is $70.00