The Hemodialysis Technician training program is designed to prepare students for employment as hemodialysis technicians or dialysis technicians.
The dialysis technician help patients with end stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure) receive safe and effective dialysis treatments by learning what dialysis is, how it is performed and how to properly use and maintain dialysis equipment to ensure the highest quality of care for these patients.
Hemodialysis Technician training includes:
- Anatomy & physiology of the renal system
- Infection control and standard precautions
- Maintenance and performance of dialysis equipment
- Procedural clinical proficiency
- Psychosocial aspects of renal failure
- Quality assurance and safety
- Renal failure and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Hemodialysis Technician students are introduced to a clinical setting and work along side a professional. Emphasis is placed on the skills and techniques used in dialysis, the proper use of dialysis equipment, and maintaining a safe and aseptic environment of the patient.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING REGISTRATION:
- Registration processes for Health Science classes vary by program. For information specific to Dental Assisting Technology and Management, please e-mail the counselor at Nancy.Bussell@browardschools.com
- Students enrolling in any Health Science Education program must attend a Health Science program orientation on campus. At that time, information about the required Level II criminal background check and drug screening, per The Joint Commission, will be fully explained. Students who do not have a valid social security number may encounter difficulty with certain state licensing agencies and registries. Contact the program counselor for specific information.
High School diploma or equivalency is required.
The length of this program is 600 hours (approximately 6 months).
Industry Certification Exam & State Credential:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
College Credit Transfer Opportunity and/or Advanced Credit:
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may articulate into another Health Science program at one of Broward's Technical Colleges with advanced standing.
For more information about the Hemodialysis Technician Program, contact us today!
Click here to download a PDF brochure for complete information including costs.
Adobe Reader is required to view the pdf file above. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.