What is the process for earning a Ready to Work Credential?
1. Sign up in the Office of Admissions at Atlantic Technical Center; 4700 Coconut Creek Parkway; Coconut Creek in Building 10. Once pre-registered, you will be provided with a temporary user ID and password. YOU WILL NEED A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER TO REGISTER.
Office of Admissions Hours are:
Monday and Wednesday
Tuesday and Thursday
2. Once you have your temporary user ID and password, go to www.myfloridareadytowork.com, click on the Student/Job Seeker Login to complete your registration and take the placement tests in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information.
3. A score of 3 or more indicates that you are ready for the assessment. If you do not score a minimum of 3 on any of the placement tests, you may want to complete the corresponding WorkKeys tutorial sessions for that section, but it is not required. Once you are ready to take the assessments, contact Cassandra Thornton at 754-321-5257 to register for one of the testing dates listed in the chart below.
4. On your testing day, bring your photo ID and go to the Ready to Work Testing Center at Atlantic Technical Center, Building 19, Room 279 and take the final proctored assessments. Please allow 3 ½ hours for testing.
5. Score a minimum of 3 on all assessments and receive your certificate, signed by Governor Charlie Crist. You may retake the assessments to achieve a higher level certificate at anytime.
You must Register prior to the scheduled test date
Technical requirements for using the Ready to Work Web site:
· The first time you log on you may be prompted to install Authorware Web Player by Macro Media, Inc.
· Internet Explorer or Safari for Apple users, are the recommended browsers and use ActiveX controls for the software. ActiveX controls can be downloaded and installed without user intervention or the need to close the browser.
· Netscape or Mozilla browser users must download the software to the system and then be installed like many other applications.
· Authorware Web Player is automatically downloaded when WIN is first executed.
· You will need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not have it. Adobe will let you read .pdf files. It is a free download. Click here http://www.adobe.com to go to the Adobe Web site if you need the download.